Entity defunct or soon to be defunct. Goodwill value is gone. Worth of any tangible assets is now tied to auction or liquidation. Debt is now due, full and immediate. Also refer to going concern.
Professor Charles Goodhart introduced this theory. Originally applied to the stability of economic spending, it now points out the problem of assigning value to a specific variable to be used as an indicator. It states that when a measure’s value becomes a target, the measure value can no longer be used as a measure.
A MONEY MARKET instrument issued by a governmental authority as a funding mechanism and a tool for conducting MONETARY POLICY. Bills are often issued on a discount, rather than COUPONBEARING, basis, and typically have maturities extending from one week to one year. Those issued by governments of industrialized nations are considered to be highly LIQUID and extremely creditworthy, with virtually no risk of DEFAULT. See also GOVERNMENT BOND.
Measure of angle in units of 1/100th of a right angle or 0.9 degree. Known also as grade.
Repeal of anti-affiliation statutes of the Glass-Steagall Act. Renewed the legal right banks to consolidate with financial-security companies. Repeal legislation passed in 1999.
Job or work costing estimated by those who will do the work is used to develop the budget.
Using environmental attributes as design objectives and not as constraints as a product design philosophy. Quality, performance, functionality, and useful life are not compromised when incorporating green attributes.
Interconnected computer systems using consolidated capability from consolidated resources. The consolidation consists of one main computer distributing information to all and tasking the group successfully achieve a common goal. Complicated, tedious mathematical and scientific calculations are prime targets for consolidated computing power.
Un-depreciated, total invested value of business assets. This more accurately presents actual financial commitment to an asset with potential return by the firm.
Tax placed on each generated unit’s value as a company mines or drills them. Typically deductible from the companies’ federal taxes. Certain states levy these taxes on companies operating in mining or drilling fields.
1. In Air transport, this the total weigh of aircraft, fuel, crew, passengers, and cargo, everything flying. 2. In Rail and road transport, this is the total weight vehicle, goods, and fuel, everything moving. 3. In Sea transport, this is the total weight computed as net weight plus tare. The net weight is of the containerized or packaged shipment and the container and packaging material, which is the tare.
Insurance agreement of employees of the same employer, or any group of people.
The eight industrialized nations governmental leaders. They are the United States of America, Japan, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, and Britian. It was called G6 until Canada joined in 1976 and Russia joined in 1997. A meeting is once a year in o
Group life insurance covering only during a certain period of time that is normally a year. It is renewable at its end.
A goal that guides decision making for a firm. It is indended to between present and projected earnings.
A loan that is backed by government agencies that pays the loan in case of default. A student of business loan is an example.
Any cost the guardian of a minor or adult has. They are tax deductable.
(1) The public solicitation of orders for a PRIMARY OFFERING before REGISTRATION is complete. (2) TRADING of securities on the basis of nonpublic information (as a form of INSIDER TRADING). Gun jumping in either form is illegal in most national jurisdictions.
Pay-incentive plan. Motivational tool for employees as a group. Seeks improved productivity in their workgroup. Improvement comes from a more efficient use of resources (energy, labor, and materials). The group shares the resulting savings, or gains. A formula measures gain against past results or a benchmark. Participative management is typically the trigger and difference between successful improvement and gain, versus stagnant hanging on.
Auto repair shops, dealerships, or garages, any business’s commercial coverage for multiple automobiles on their premises.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?