This term applies to something that can be contested or is argumentative.
Archive | C RSS feed for this section
This term is used when you hinder or elude a person with a legitimate law suit or you mislead or fail to give information he is entitled to receive.
These are the charges on a loan such as interest; the costs associated with owning a property that includes the taxes, mortgage costs etc.
an organisation that does not issue stock and there is nothing in its charter that provides for profits or dividends.
This term is applied to the deed of doing something that will annoy a person or hurt their property.
the name given to a claim in a compensation case.
the right that is given by a judicial process to a debtor who can retain certain personal property that is free from seizure by creditors.
This means to act in accordance with your obligations, to yield or to carry into effect or to accommodate something.
the term that is given to the claim or cause of action against the plaintiff by the defendant.
where the consent of a minor is taken in an emergency and when no next of kin can be found in time.
the term used when 2 people act by agreement not to reveal any knowledge they have of an unlawful act.
1. this phrase indicates that past behaviour leads you to believe that violence can be contemplated and expected. 2. Behaviour that isn’t protected by freedom of the press and speech.
This applies to the rendering of medical services that is on a prepaid basis rather than the payment of a fee for each service.
the clause that denotes the transfer of a title, obligation, right or estate from one person to another person.
federal law that aids states by limiting the amount of oil that can be produced from certain fields.
the person who assesses a claims validity, especially that against an insurance company.
the situation wherre land has been willed to 2 or more people and if one legatee dies the property goes to the other legatees.
an order that has been written by the judge of the court and needs to be obeyed.
This means an assertion or a claim about something.
a rating given to a person that concerns the reliability of a person of paying their debts. They are based on present and past history.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?