A question put or framed in such a form as to suggest the answer sought to be obtained by the person Interrogating. Coogler v. Rhodes, 38 Fla. 240, 21 South. Ill, 50 Am. St. Rep. 170; Gunter v. Watson. 49 N. C. 450; Railway Co. v. Hammon. 92 Tex. 509, 50 S. W. 123; Franks v. Gress Lumber Co., Ill Ga. 87, 30 S. E. 314. Questions are leading which suggest to the witness the answer desired, or which embody a material fact, and may be answered by a mere negative or affirmative, or whicli involve an answer bearing immediately upon the merits of the cause, and indicating to the witness a representation which will best accord with the interests of the party propounding them. Tur- ney v. State. 8 Smedes & M. (Miss.) 104, 47 Am. Dec. 74. A question is leading which puts into a witness’ mouth the words that are to be echoed
What is LEADING QUESTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?