A question put or framed in such a form as to suggest the answer sought to be obtained by the person Interrogating. Coogler v. Rhodes, 38 Fla. 240, 21 South. Ill, 50 Am. St. Rep. 170; Gunter v. Watson. 49 N. C. 450; Railway Co. v. Hammon. 92 Tex. 509, 50 S. W. 123; Franks v. Gress Lumber Co., Ill Ga. 87, 30 S. E. 314. Questions are leading which suggest to the witness the answer desired, or which embody a material fact, and may be answered by a mere negative or affirmative, or whicli involve an answer bearing immediately upon the merits of the cause, and indicating to the witness a representation which will best accord with the interests of the party propounding them. Tur- ney v. State. 8 Smedes & M. (Miss.) 104, 47 Am. Dec. 74. A question is leading which puts into a witness’ mouth the words that are to be echoed
What is LEADING QUESTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?