In an INSURANCE or REINSURANCE arrangement, the position that absorbs the initial losses arising from damage or destruction. The first loss position can be created through a DEDUCTIBLE where the INSURED bears the losses up to the ATTACHMENT point. If no DEDUCTIBLE exists, the INSURER bears the first loss position up to the POLICY CAP, or the point at which REINSURANCE attaches. See also EXCESS LAYER.
What is FIRST LOSS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?