Beyond the limits of the kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland; outside the United States; out of the state. Beyond sea, beyond the four seas, beyond the seas, and out of the realm, are synonymous. Prior to the union of the two crowns of England and Scotland, on the accession of James I., the phrases “beyond the four seas,” “beyond the seas,” and “out of the realm,” signified out of the limits of the realm of England. Pan- coast’s Lessee v. Addison, 1 Har. & J. (Md.) 350, 2 Am. Dec. 520. In Pennsylvania, it has been construed to mean “without the limits of the United States,” which approaches the literal signification. Ward v. Ilallam, 2 Dall. 217, 1 L. Ed. 355; Id., 1 Yeates (Pa.) 329; Green v. Neal, 6 Pet 291, 300, 8 L. Ed. 402. The same construction has been given to it in Missouri. Keeton’s Heirs v. Keeton’s Adm’r, 20 Mo. 530. See Ang. Lim.
What is BEYOND SEA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?