A forejudgment; bias; preconceived opinion. A leaning towards one side of a cause for some reason other than a conviction of its justice. Willis v. State, 12 Ga. 449; Hungerford v. Cushing, 2 Wis. 405; SUite v. Anderson, 14 Mont. 541, 37 Pac. 1 ; Ilinkle v. State, 94 Ga. 595, 21 S. E. 595; Keen v. Brown, 40 Fla. 4S7, 35 South. 401. The word “prejudice” seemed to imply nearly the same thing as “opinion,” a prejudgment of the case, aud not necessarily an enmiiy or ill will against either party. Com. v. Webster, 5 Cush. (Mass.) 297, 52 Am. Dec. 711. “Prejudice” also means injury, loss, or damnification. Thus, where an offer or ad- mission is made “without prejudice,” or a motion is denied or a bill in equity dismissed “without prejudice,” it is meant as a declaration that no rights or privileges of the party concerned are to be considered as thereby waived or lost, except in so far as may be expressly conceded or decided.
What is PREJUDICE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?