Lat. More; more fully; more In number; rather. Majlis de bono quam de malo lex intendit. Co. Litt. 7Sb. The law favors a good rather than a bad construction. Where the words used in an agreement are susceptible of two meanings, the one agreeable to, the other against, the law, the former is adopted. Thus, a bond conditioned “to assign all offices” will be construed to apply to such offices only as are assignable. Chit Cont. 78. Magis dignnm trahit ad se minus dig- num. Tlie more worthy draws to itself the less worthy. Yearb. 20 Hen. VI. 2, arg.
What is MAGIS?
- BENIGNE FACIENDAE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES, PROPTER SIMPLICITATEM LAICORUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT
- BENIGNE FACIENDSE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES CHARTARUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT; ET QUAE LIBET CONCESSIO FORTISSIMO CONTRA DONATOREM INTERPRETANDA EST
- ID EST
- AD MORDENDUM ASSUETUS
- IN DORSO
- LA CHAMBRE DES ESTEILLES
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?