Yield differences of securities used you compare bonds of different credit rates and maturity dates.
Amount yielded by a dividend above the total investment cost.
Load a material will deform at and not return to shape.
Insurance that covers pleasure boats against collision, hull damage, and liability indemnity.
A note issued in US dollars by a foreign company in the market.
The spread gained by having convertible bonds instead of stock. Refer to simple breakeven.
When underwriters charge too much for treasury bonds that are held in escrow. This is done before retiring the existing bonds and is illegal. This causes the yield to burn down.
Plotting interest rates against maturities creating a term structure. In normal conditions it is a upward curve. This causes shortterm funds to cost less to invest in. The shape is influenced by money, liquidity, and derivatives. Refer to expectations the
A spread that allows payoff based on the differential between on point on the yield curve and the strike price. The buyer gains efficiency and cost advantages.
A strategy used to increase core returns. This is intended to be a low risk move. Refer to arbitrage speculation and hedging.
The yield of a callable bond. This is the percent return at the first call date. Refer to yield to maturity.
The yield of a coupon bearing security. It is the percent return of a bond when it finally matures. AKA promised yield. Refer to yield to call.
A custom of the province of York in England, by which theeffects of an intestate, after payment of his debts, are in general divided according tothe ancient universal doctrine of the pars ra- tionabilis; that is, one-third each to thewidow, children, and administrator. 2 Bl. Comm. 518.
An Important English statute passed at the city of York, in thetwelfth year of Edward II., containing provisions on the subject of attorneys, witnesses,the taking of inquests by nisi prius, etc. 2 Beeve, Eng. Law, 200-302.
The registries of titles to land provided by acts ofparliament for the ridings of the county of York In England. These resemble the officesfor the registration or recording of deeds commonly established in the several countiesof the states.
In old records. Mere assertion and denial, without oath.
This phrase, when used in English conveyancing with referenceto settlements of land, signifies all such children as are not entitled to the rightsof an eldest son. It therefore includes daughters, even those who are older than theeldest son. Mozley & Whitley.
A light sea-going vessel, used only for pleasure-trips, racing, etc. Webster. TSee 22 St.. at Large, 566 (U. S. Comp. St I 1001, p. 2845); Rev. St U. S.
This word may include children and youth of both sexes. Nelson v. Cushlng,2 Cush. (Mass.) 519, 528.
A measure of length, containing three feet, or thirty-six inches.UA piece of land inclosed for the use and accommodation of the inhabitants of a house.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online