Formula used to adjust formula in Pearson’s chi-square test.
Archive | Y RSS feed for this section
Guidelines to adjust for losses by a marine carrier.
A year where records of a plan are kept.
Insurance that covers pleasure boats against collision, hull damage, and liability indemnity.
A note issued in US dollars by a foreign company in the market.
The spread gained by having convertible bonds instead of stock. Refer to simple breakeven.
When underwriters charge too much for treasury bonds that are held in escrow. This is done before retiring the existing bonds and is illegal. This causes the yield to burn down.
Plotting interest rates against maturities creating a term structure. In normal conditions it is a upward curve. This causes shortterm funds to cost less to invest in. The shape is influenced by money, liquidity, and derivatives. Refer to expectations the
A spread that allows payoff based on the differential between on point on the yield curve and the strike price. The buyer gains efficiency and cost advantages.
A strategy used to increase core returns. This is intended to be a low risk move. Refer to arbitrage speculation and hedging.
The yield of a callable bond. This is the percent return at the first call date. Refer to yield to maturity.
The yield of a coupon bearing security. It is the percent return of a bond when it finally matures. AKA promised yield. Refer to yield to call.
A measure of length, containing three feet, or thirty-six inches.UA piece of land inclosed for the use and accommodation of the inhabitants of a house.
The times of Christmas and Lammas.
or virgata torrce, is a quantity of land, said by some to be twenty acres,y but by Coke to be of uncertain extent
BLE. L. Fr. Winter grain. Kelham.
Yes and no. According to a charter of Athelstan, the people of Riponwere to be believed in all actions or suits upon their yea aud nay, without the yynecessity of taking any oath. Brown.
The period in which the revolution of the earth round the sun, and the accompanyingchanges in the order of nature, are completed. Generally, when a statute Yspeaks of a year, twelve calendar, and not lunar, months are intended. Cro. Jac. 166.The year is either astronomical, ecclesiastical, or regnal, beginning on the 1st ofJanuary, or 25th of March, or the day of the sover- w eign’s accession. Wharton.I
The affirmative and negative votes on a bill or measure before alegislative assembly. “Calling the yeas and nays” is calling for the individual and oralvote of each member, usually upon a call of the roll.
In old records. Winter; a corruption of the Latin “hiems.”
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?