Accounting. Done at the years end to close business for that year.
Archive | Y RSS feed for this section
Comparing a company’s earnings with data from the previous year.
Spread of a viral infection by mosquitoes infected in Tropical Africa, South America and the Caribbean causing degeneration of liver and kidney tissues.
When underwriters charge too much for treasury bonds that are held in escrow. This is done before retiring the existing bonds and is illegal. This causes the yield to burn down.
Plotting interest rates against maturities creating a term structure. In normal conditions it is a upward curve. This causes shortterm funds to cost less to invest in. The shape is influenced by money, liquidity, and derivatives. Refer to expectations the
A spread that allows payoff based on the differential between on point on the yield curve and the strike price. The buyer gains efficiency and cost advantages.
A strategy used to increase core returns. This is intended to be a low risk move. Refer to arbitrage speculation and hedging.
The yield of a callable bond. This is the percent return at the first call date. Refer to yield to maturity.
The yield of a coupon bearing security. It is the percent return of a bond when it finally matures. AKA promised yield. Refer to yield to call.
Insurance that covers pleasure boats against collision, hull damage, and liability indemnity.
A note issued in US dollars by a foreign company in the market.
The spread gained by having convertible bonds instead of stock. Refer to simple breakeven.
In old records. Winter; a corruption of the Latin “hiems.”
In English law. A commoner; a freeholder under the rank of gentleman. Cowell. A man who has free land of forty shillings by the year; who was ancientlythereby qualified to serve on juries, vote for knights of the shire, and do any other act,where the law requires one that is probus et legalis homo. 1 Bl. Comm. 400, 407.This term is occasionally used in American law, but without any definite meaning,except In the United States navy, where it designates an appointive petty officer, whohas charge of the stores and supplies in his department of the ship’s economy.
Given; dated. Cowell.
In the law of real property, is to perform a service due by a tenant to hislord. Hence the usual form of reservation of a rent in a lease begins with the words”yielding and paying.” Sweet
In conveyancing. The initial words of that clause in leasesIn which the rent to be paid by the lessee is mentioned and reserved.
A little farm, requiring but a yoke of oxen to till It.
A custom of the province of York in England, by which theeffects of an intestate, after payment of his debts, are in general divided according tothe ancient universal doctrine of the pars ra- tionabilis; that is, one-third each to thewidow, children, and administrator. 2 Bl. Comm. 518.
An Important English statute passed at the city of York, in thetwelfth year of Edward II., containing provisions on the subject of attorneys, witnesses,the taking of inquests by nisi prius, etc. 2 Beeve, Eng. Law, 200-302.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?