failing to give evidence that needs to be given or not disclosing some piece of information when asked to do so.
Archive | W RSS feed for this section
a way to postpone a case by removing one of the jurors.
this is a witness who didn’t want to come to court to testify but got a summons to do so.
an order from a court to a marshal that directs him to take possession of property from a person or company who has been declared bankrupt.
the giving up intentionally by a debtor his right to exempt property from claims of a creditor.
This are the laws that give rise to the actions for defaults, negligence and wrongs that can cause death.
the term applied to an active mining claim.
a term to give testimony willingly without needing to be forced.
the order that allows a death sentence to be carried out.
the interception of a communication that uses a device to tap into a telephone line.
the action of a plaintiff to give up the right to sue a person based on a wrong committed but to obtain redress and satisfaction for his claim.
a witness who is antagonistic to the party who summoned him to be a witness.
a witness with specialised knowledge such as a chemist, engineer or a physician.
a term used for completely, entirely, exclusively and the opposite of partially.
the issuing of an order to surrender a person who is accused or convicted of a crime to the jurisdiction where the crime was originally committed.
a term used for carrying out a court order wrongly an doing beyond the authorisation of the order.
modern and popular term given to an attorney who works for a large firm handling large corporations and big business.
the term that is given to a witness in a case who is legally qualified to testify.
the type of negligence that is deliberate with the intentional disregard for other people’s welfare.
the name given to the legal right to use water from a stream or lake for your own purposes.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?