the where a party to a law suit can make his opponent write down under oath questions sent to him.
Archive | W RSS feed for this section
the term used to describe a contract that is in writing as compared to a spoken contract.
the name of a will where 2 or more people have provisions favouring each other.
the assurance by the seller to the buyer that the goods sold are suitable and will conform to the buyer’s wishes.
the term that describes property where the contents has been used up or consumed such as a gold mine.
a term that is used to describe that actions of a person with the intent to harm another person.
used to describe a debt that cannot be collected.
a term that applies to a will that is in the handwriting of the maker of the will.
the expression used that describes the trading in a new stock, bond or security that has been announced but not issued yet.
These are the laws that give funds for workers who are hurt during the course of carrying out their job.
a provision in the US Constitution where a witness is not forced to give testimony against himself.
the failure of a plaintiff to pursue the charges that will result in his case being dropped.
the name of a will that needs certain conditions to be met for other events to occur.
the intention to give up a right, benefit or a privilege by conduct that a waiver will be given.
the act of confining a person to a mental institution without doing it lawfully. False imprisonment.
a Latin term for a writ asking for a verdict to be set aside due to errors of fact.
the name of the legal action that is taken to determine if a will is legitimate and able to be probated. See probate.
a will made and signed by 2 people that serves them both.
a court order from the court of appeals to the judge who tried a case in lower court to give the records of the case to the appeals court.
a term that applies to the intentional giving up of a known right.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?