This term is applied to a group of people who act together in a common enterprise and for a common purpose.
the agreement where one of the parties acts in a unlawful way or fails to act to the law.
the increase in value that arises from the course of events and not from improvements.
where a property is held jointly and both people own the whole property.
This phrase means with having the appearance of a title that is valid when there is no title.
a demand for damages where the price has not been set yet.
See undistributed profits.
a lease to drill for oil or gas that will terminate unless drilling starts by a set date.
the answer by a witness that does not answer the question he was asked.
These are the laws adopted by most states that have similar implications.
the regular and normal course of operations of a business in conducting the customs of the trade.
This means that something is clear and with no doubt.
a mistake where one party has misunderstood an agreement.
These are the extra monies that a corporation has not distributed as dividends or has put into a surplus account.
This term applies to the pardon that is given without any terms and conditions.
an award that is awarded to a woman who is divorced that includes support for her children and for herself.
term that means new or not happened before.
the right a person has when his property faces a street to have access, light, air and an entrance an exit to an from his property.
the term that describes a person who is unable to defend himself in court as he is suffering from ill health or a mental incapacity.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online