a criminal offense where 2 or more people plan and act out an illegal act. See conspiracy.
Archive | U RSS feed for this section
a will where the maker does not provide for his wife or for any children.
the term applied to a person who has ingested alcohol to render them incapable of discretion and sound judgement.
the length of time a person has to go in a term of office.
the Latin word for where.
See Appendix 6.
the delay in notifying of an injury at work due to reasonable causes and won’t interfere with compensation.
zoning regulation that is unreasonable and deprives an owner of his basic property rights and interferes with the economic use of the property.
This means to have an identical interest in property with another person.
the term that is sued to describe the maximum amount of resistance a person can use against an attacker.
the Latin word for where above mentioned.
See Appendix 7.
a doctrine that a decision should not favour the plaintiff who has not acted accordingly and honestly.
the term used for an act that is contrary to or violates a law that exist.
a term in maritime law where an accident could not be avoided by taking due care and diligence.
the power that a trustee has where he can take action without first getting authorisation from the courts.
the term that means to retain the rights to make an objection later on.
See crime against nature.
a gathering of 3 or more people who disturb the peace.
a fact that is admitted and has no controversy surrounding it.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?