Archive | U RSS feed for this section
In English law. Those barristers who plead without the bar. and are distinguished from benchers, or those who have been readers, and who are allowed to plead within the bar, as the king’s counsel are. Cowell.
A bid made after a judicial sale, but before the successful bid at the sale has been confirmed, larger or better than such successful bid, and made for the purpose of upsetting the sale and securing to the “upset bidder” the privilege of taking the property at his bid or competing at a new sale. Yost v. Porter, 80 Va. 858.
Twelve per cent, per annum ; that is, a hundredth part of the principal was due each month,
A unilateral contract is one in which one party makes an express engagement or undertakes a performance, without receiving in return any express engagement or promise of performance from the other. Bilateral (or reciprocal) contracts are those by which the parties expressly enter into mutual engagements, such as sale or hire. Civ. Code La. art. 1758; Poth. Obi. 1, 1, 1. 2; Montpelier Seminary v. Smith, 69 Vt. 382, 38 Atl. 66; Laclede Const. Co. v. Tudor Ironworks, 169 Mo. 137, 09 S. W. 388.
A false or erroneous date affixed to a paper or document
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?