These are the names given to laws that allow people to recover damages for injuries.
the name given to a person who tries to influence the legislators to vote in favour of a certain legislation.
the term that is given tom the people who are responsible for keeping the peace such as sheriffs and the police.
the title given to the remaining estate after all of the bequests have been made.
the name that is given to a legacy to a trustee to be held in trust and the income earned will go to the beneficiaries.
This occurs when a person who has been made a promise alters his position so he now assumes liability.
the term given to an additional bequest that is granted by the same or a different will.
1. This term means to be held in court by the order of a judge. 2. This term means to be placed in a mental institution.
These are the terms that are applied to the laws that are based on the nature of man. See natural law.
a term that is given to statements that appear to be slanderous but which must be proved to slanderous.
the term that applies to the period of time that a writ is effective.
This term is the same as similar benefits.
term given to a bequest that has been taken from the general funds of the person who made the will.
the term that applies to a legacy that has no conditions.
This ism the term that is given to the situation where a legatee dies before the person who made the will.
The term applied to money taken from a policy that will be deducted from the total amount unless it is paid back.
the term used to describe the repeated and continued behaviour that is indecent in nature.
the name that is given to state or federal laws that govern the relationships between employees and employers.
the term that describes the strict adherence to the law.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?