the term given to the interest in property that lasts for a person’s life time.
Archive | L RSS feed for this section
is term in medical jurisprudence where physicians have to report any injuries that appear to have been inflicted in a criminal nature, such as gun shot wounds.
the term given to the proof that is offered as written evidence.
the term used to describe the intentional performance to do a wrongful act. There is constructive malice, malice in law.
term used to apply to the lewd behaviour exceeding moral and customary bounds.
the term given to the account where the amount of money is fixed and agreed on by the parties or it fixed by a law.
the term that is given to the total of the principles and rules that govern the presentation of evidence in a legal matter.
the name that is given to a guarantee that is issued by the federal government land office to the purchasers of public land.
term used in a policing where a group of similar looking people are lined up and a witness is asked to select the suspect.
term used to describe a written agreement between parties.
the name of an organisation of working people that is formed to protect their rights and working conditions.
a term that also means indecent, pornographic, obscene and lascivious.
the term given that describes property that has been lost by carelessness or has been misplaced.
a Latin phrase for the law of the place where a contract was made.
a Latin phrase that means the written law and is the opposite of lex non scripta.
the name given to the attorney who will protect and try to acquit the defendant in a law suit.
1. The case where a legislator will vote for a bill as long as the legislator with the bill for one of the other person’s bills. 2. Using an excess of extraneous provisions in a bill to gain passage of something else.
the term given to a guarantee that is restricted to one transaction.
a modern word that is used to describe the legal and technical language used to write laws, wills and other legal documents.
the abbreviation for the Law Student Achievement Test.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?