In the civil law. The law of immunity or exemption from the burden of public office. Dig. 50, 6.
Archive | J RSS feed for this section
The civil law of Papirius. The title of the earliest collection of Roman leges euriatce, said to have been made in the time of Tarquin, the last of the kings, by a pontifex maximus of the name of Sextus or Publius Papirius. Very few fragments of this collection now remain, and the authenticity of these has been doubted. Mackeld. Rom. Law,
The old law of Rome, that was applicable originally to patricians only, and, under the Twelve Tables, to the entire Roman people, was so called, in contradistinction to the jus prwtorium, (
In the civil law. A just cause; a lawful ground; a legal transaction of some kind. Mackeld. Rom. Law,
Rightful; warranted or sanctioned by law; that which can be shown to be sustained by law; as justifiable homicide. See HOMICIDE.
A dav on which the court is actually in session. Heffner v. Heffner. 48 La. Ann. 1088, 20 South. 2S1
A day proper for the transaction of business in court; one on which the court may lawfully sit. excluding Sundays and some holidays.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?