a term that means something that is relevant, pertinent to and apropos.
Archive | G RSS feed for this section
This phrase means to extend the time the payment of a debt is due.
a Latin phrase meaning the gift of personal property that is given to a person before the other has died, though he is expected to die.
This term is given when an improvement is carried out in area for the benefit of a community.
This term means that from a legal point of view there are sufficient grounds to act on.
The term used when a person is informed that a suit is about to take place.
a term used that describes a gift of property that comes without the title. This means that the person can’t sell or hand the property on.
the term given to an objection to a plea as it has little substance.
a term used when a patient undergoes surgery and a different surgeon does the operation without the patients consent.
This term means that you work for living and earn wages.
a term given to the gift that is given in a will that is limited to real estate but can include property also.
an order given by a court that restricts any information that is about a case that is pending.
This term applies to the basis of the law suit and the facts that it involves.
This term is given to a person with a good reputation and known to honest, true and forthright.
an organisation that is created to carry out a function of government. See appendix.
federal agency that is headed by a person called the comptroller general who is responsible for auditing and accounting for the funds of the US government.
a labour agreement where the employer has agreed to pay an employee a sum of money each year.
This term applies to the money and property available and the assets in hand that can be used to pay an outstanding debt.
the name of a federal government agency that looks after the housekeeping for the government and supplies all of the agencies and bureaus with their different needs.
the law that regulates the selling of firearms.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date