a labour agreement where the employer has agreed to pay an employee a sum of money each year.
Archive | G RSS feed for this section
This term applies to the money and property available and the assets in hand that can be used to pay an outstanding debt.
the name of a federal government agency that looks after the housekeeping for the government and supplies all of the agencies and bureaus with their different needs.
the law that regulates the selling of firearms.
how crimes are sorted out according to their severity.
the money given to an attorney to hire him for a period of time. It won’t matter how much or how little work they do during this time.
a lawsuit that is based on an implied promise to pay debt.
This laws is seen in some states where a passenger in a friends car cannot sue to driver for an accident unless unusual negligence is the cause.
a Latin phrase meaning gifts between living people.
This term is applied to the true and lawful government as opposed to one with a dictator.
the rule dealing with the right of an employee to compensation for accidents when travelling to and from work.
These are the legal causes that allow a divorce to take place and differ in each state.
This term is used when you know that an unlawful situation exists but you choose to ignore, such as accepting goods you know are stolen.
a court martial held for a major crime or violation that has been committed by a person serving in the armed forces.
a term used to explain your guilt to an offense but you say why you committed the offense.
a term that applies to a major injury.
the term used for a person showing orderly conduct while in jail. It can help parole be granted and the sentence shortened.
This term applies to a person appearing voluntarily in a court who has not waited for a summons or a subpoena.
the instructions given to the jury by the judge before they begin deliberation. The merits of the case are listed and the verdict is based only on these points.
a pardon that is given to a class or group of people convicted of crimes such as a group of political prisoners. See amnesty.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?