a phrase used when an experiment is performed in the court that will prove a contention.
Archive | E RSS feed for this section
the term given to the excuse the defendant gives when he fails to appear in court when he has been ordered to.
the term used when a body needs to be taken from its grave.
This phrase means a proper or a pure easement that passes to new owner by inheritance or purchase.
the principle that states that you should do everything possible in order to correct the situation before seeking help from a court.
This occurs when a case is heard by the right jurisdiction but the judge then exceeds his jurisdiction when giving judgement.
the term for a motion that is not an ordinary one and that does not occur very often.
the name given to a sentence that is longer than the time this is fixed by a law.
This term applies to the foetus before it is born.
an obligation that is based on a future condition that may or may not result in a debt.
a term where a person will not be served a summons or a subpoenas while he is performing a public duty.
This puts into effect a judgement or a decree of a court.
This term applies to the questioning and interrogation of a witness where the witness is under oath in court.
This occurs when a judgement isn’t out and the process is begun to seize any property of a defendant to pay his debt.
the term applied to the fair and reasonable reduction in the damages awarded to a claimant.
This term is used to lengthen the time given to m et an obligation.
This term means a change in the rules governing how property will be inherited by the legal descendants.
the pardon for a crime that has come from the governor or the president of a state.
a statement that goes beyond any limits of privilege and it is violent, intemperate or irrelevant.
an endorsement where the person endorsing attaches a condition to his liability.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?