This occurs when an accused is confined to jail or the person is arrested to the satisfaction of the judgement against him.
Archive | B RSS feed for this section
the failure to hold quiet all information that is confidential.
a law where the permanent improvements to a property that increases its value are recoverable by the occupant being paid by the owner.
the statement that a decree from court was based on fraud and therefore the decree should be vacated and declared non-existent.
This bail that is given by a defendant who intends to appeal the decision of a court and wants to delay payment of a judgement until an appeal is heard.
This term applies to money that is given as a bail in the place of a bail bond.
the degree that is conferred upon graduation from a college of law and is abbreviated to L.L.B.
legal action that is taken to compel the father to support his illegitimate child. See filiation proceeding; paternity proceeding.
a lawsuit that determines the boundaries of lands and is a dispute between 2 adjoining land owners.
a statute that prevents selling the stock of a fraudulent company.
The term that implies a person has been brought before a court in order to answer a charge or is legally bound to make an engagement.
term given to any money that is received during an unlawful enterprise; money that is paid as a bribe.
The illegal sales of intoxicating liquor or of stolen merchandise.
1. The term used to describe to anger or harass. The term for something used to entice.
a list of persons that are to be avoided for one reason or another.
the term used when a suit is brought to trial when the trial has already started.
This means by authority of or because of.
These are the blood tests that a couple are required to undergo for syphilis before they can get a marriage license.
This the right that the accused has to be represented by an attorney who will be given ample time to study and to prepare the defence for his client.
the board that is set up by the commissioner of immigration in order to investigate all matters concerning immigration.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?