The completion, fulfillment, or perfecting of anything, or carrying it into operation and effect. The signing, sealing, and delivery of a deed. The signing and publication of a will. The performance of a contract according to its terms.In practice. The last stage of a suit, whereby possession is obtained of anything recovered. It is styled “final process,” and consists In putting the sentence of the law in force. 3 Bl. Comm. 412. The carrying into effect of the sentence or judgment of a court, U. S. v. Nourse, 9 Pet. 28, 9 L. Ed. 31;Griffith v. Fowler, IS Vt. 394; Pierson v. Hammond. 22 Tex. 5S7; Brown v. U. S., 0 Ct.CI. ITS: Ilurlhutt v. Currier. 08 N. II. 94, 38 Atl. 002; Darby v. Carson, 9 Ohio, 149. Also the name of a writ issued to a sheriff, constable, or marshal, authorizing and requiring him to execute the judgment of the court. At common law, executions are said to be either final or quousque; the former,where complete satisfaction of the debt is intended to be procured by this process; the latter, where the execution is only a means to an end, as where the defendant is arrested on ca. sa .In criminal law. The carrying into effect the sentence of the law by the infliction of capital punishment 4 Bl. Comm. 403; 4 Steph. Comm. 470. It is a vulgar error to speak of the “execution” of a convicted criminal. It is the sentenceof the court which is “executed;” the criminal is put to death.In French law. A method of obtaining satisfaction of a debt or claim by sale of the debtor’s property privately, f. e., without judicial process, authorized by the deed or agreement of the parties or by custom ; as, in the case of a stockbroker, who may sell securities of his customer, bought under his instructions or deposited by him, to indemnify himself or make good a debt Arg. Fr. Merc. Law, 557.
What is EXECUTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?