In conveyancing. A mutual grant of equal Interests, (in lauds or tenements,) the one in consideration of theother. 2 Bl. Comm. 323; Windsor v. Collin- son, 32 Or. 297, 52 Pac. 26; Gamble v. McClure, 69 Pa. 282; Hartwell v. De Vault, 159 111. 325, 42 N. E. 7S9; Long v. Fuller, 21Wis. 121. In the United States, It appears, exchange does not differ from bargain andsale. See 2 Bouv. Inst. 2055.In commercial law. A negotiation by which one person transfers to another fundswhich he has in a certain place, either at a price agreed upon or which is fixed by commercialusage. Nicely v. Bank, 15 Ind. App. 503. 44 N. E. 572, 57 Am. St. Rep. 245;Smith v. Kendall, 9 Mich. 241, 80 Am. Dec. 83.The profit which arises from a maritime loan, when such profit is a percentage onthe money lent, considering It in the light of money lent in one place to be returned inanother, with a difference in amount in the sum liorrowed and that paid, arising fromthe difference of time and place. The term is commonly used in this sense by Frenchwriters. Hall, Emerig. Mar. Loans, 56
What is EXCHANGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?