The act of choosing or selecting one or more from a greater number of persons, things, courses, or rights. The choice of an alternative. Slate v. Tucker, 54 Ala.210.The internal, free, and spontaneous separation of one thing from another, without compulsion, consisting in intention and will. Dyer, 281.The selection of one man from among several candidates to discharge certain duties in a state, corporation, or society. Maynard v. District Canvassers, 84 Mich. 228, 47 N.W. 756, 11 L. R. A. 332; Brown v. Phillips, 71 Wis. 239. 36 N. W. 242; Wickersham v.Brittan, 93 Cal. 34. 28 Pac. 792, 15 L. R. A. 106.The choice which is open to a debtor who is bound in an alternative obligation to select either one of the alternatives. In equity. The obligation imposed upon a party to choose between two inconsistent or alternative rights or claims, in cases where there is clear intention of the person from whom he derives one that he should not enjoy both. 2 Story, Eq. Jur.
What is ELECTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?