In evidence. A voluntary acknowledgment, confession, or concession of the existence of a fact or the truth of an allegation made by a party to the suit. Roosevelt v. Smith, 17 Misc. Kep. 323, 40 N. Y. Supp. 381. In pleading. The concession or acknowledgment by one party of the truth of some matter alleged by the opposite party, made in a pleading, the effect of which is to narrow the area of facts or allegations requiring to be proved by evidence. Connecticut Hospital v. Brookfield, 09 Conn. 1, 3G Atl. 1017. In practice. The formal act of a court, by which attorneys or counsellors are recognized as officers of the court and are licensed to practice before it In corporations. The act of a corporation or company by which an individual acquires the rights of a member of such corporation or company. In English ecclesiastical law. The act of the bishop, who, on approval of the clerk presented by the patron, after examination, declares him fit to serve the cure of the church to which he is presented, by the words “admitto te habilcm,” I admit thee able. Co. Litt. 344a; 4 Coke, 79; 1 Crabb, Real Prop. p. 138,
What is ADMISSION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?