In England. 1. The statute 32 Hen. VIII. c. 1, passed in 1540, by whichpersons seised in fee-simple of lands holden in socage tenure were enabled to devisethe same at their will and pleasure, except to bodies corporate; and those who heldestates by the tenure of chivalry were enabled to devise two-third parts thereof.2. The statute 7 Wm. IV. & 1 Vict. c. 26, passed in 1837, and also called “Lord Langdale’sAct.” This act permits of the disposition by will of every kind of interest in realand personal estate, and provides that all wills, whether of real or of personal estate,shall be attested toy two witnesses, and that such attestation shall be sufficient Otherimportant alterations are effected by this statute in the law of wills. Mozley & Whitley.
What is WILLS ACT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?