To claim or demand back; to ask for the return or restoration of a thing; to insist upon one’s right to recover that which was one’s own, but was parted with conditionally or mistakenly; as, to reclaim goods which were obtained from one under false pretenses. In fendal law, it was used of the action of a lord pursuing, prosecuting, and recalling his vassal, who had gone to live in another place, without his permission. In international law, it denotes the demanding of a thing or person to be delivered up or surrendered to the government or state to which either properly belongs, when, by an Irregular means, it has come into the possession of another. Wharton. In the law of property. Spoken of animals, to reduce from a wild to a tame or do- mestic state; to tame them. In an analogous sense, to reclaim land Is to reduce marshy or swamp land to a state fit for cultivation and habitation. In Scotch law. To appeal. The reclaiming days in Scotland are the days allowed to a party dissatisfied with the judgment of the lord ordinary to appeal therefrom to the in- ner house; and the petition of appeal is called the reclaiming “bill,” “note,” or “petition.” Mozley & Whitley; Bell.
What is RECLAIM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?