As used in constitutional law, this right includes personal freedom, freedom of contract, exemption from oppression or invidious discrimination, the right to follow one’s individual preference in the choice of an occupation and the application of his energies, liberty of conscience, and the right to enjoy the domestic relations and the privileges of the family and the home. Black, Const. Law (3d Ed.) p. 544. See Ruhstrat v. People, 185 111. 133, 57 N. E. 41, 49 L R. A. 181, 76 Am. St. Rep. 30; Hooper v. California, 105 U. S. 648, 15 S. Ct. 207, 39 L. Ed. 297; Butchers’ Union, etc., Co. v. Crescent City Live Stock, etc., Co., Ill U. S. 740, 4 Sup. Ct. 652, 28 L. Ed. 585.
What is PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS?
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Criminal Law (Keyed to Dressler)
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Criminal Procedure (Criminal Procedure and the Constitution)
- Constitutional Law
- Nonprofit Corporate Law
- California Civil Procedure
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check