The first draft or rough minutes of an instrument or transaction; the original copy of a dispatch, treaty, or other document. Brande. A document serving as the preliminary to, or opening of, any diplomatic transaction. In old Scotch practice. A book, marked by the clerk-register, and delivered to a no- tary on his admission, in which he was directed to insert all the instruments he had occasion to execute; to be preserved as a record. Bell. In France, the minutes of notarial acts were formerely transcribed on registers, which were called “protocols.” Toullier, Droit Civil Fr. liv. 3, t. 3. c. 6, s. 1, no. 413. PROTOCOLO. In Spanish law. The original draft or writing of an instrument which remains in the possession of the es- cribano, or notary. White. New Recop. lib. 3, tit 7, c. 5,
What is PROTOCOL?
- TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL/INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP)
- SIMPLE MAIL TRANSFER PROTOCOL (SMTP)
- VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL (VOIP)
- SECURE COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
- SECURE HYPERTEXT TRANSFER PROTOCOL
- HAGUE PROTOCOL
- KYOTO PROTOCOL
- FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL (FTP)
- PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION PROTOCOL (PAP)
- WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCOL (WAP)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?