In English law. That kind of allegiance which is due from all men born within tlie king’s dominions, immediately upon their birth, which is intrinsic and perpetual, and cannot be divested by any act of their own. 1 HI. Comm. 369; 2 Kent, Comm. 42. In American law. The allegiance due from citizens of the United States to their native country, and also from naturalized citizens, and which cannot he renounced without the permission of government. to be declared by law. 2 Kent, Comm. 4.’i-49. It differs from local allegiance, which Is temporary only, being due from an alien or stranger born for so long a time as he continues within the sovereign’s dominions and protection. Fost. Cr. Law, 1S4.
What is NATURAL ALLEGIANCE?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online