the term that is used for the previous estate that a future interest is restricted.
Archive | P RSS feed for this section
the term that is used for a ruling that will affect the entire general public.
term used for the system where a prisoner with indeterminate sentences are paroled.
a wrong that has been committed against one or a few people and not one committed against the entire community.
a plea in answer to a charge that tries to get the state’s protection of a statute of limitations.
a term that is used for an offer or to offer.
this is a term for condemning yourself for committing a wrong and assuming responsibility for it and then correcting it.
a term for evidence that is relevant and admissible in court.
the term used for the inferences and assumptions that are recognised by law due to their frequent occurrence, importance and believability.
a term that is used for the motions that are made in court after a trial has ended.
a phrase that is used in referring to a promissory note that is endorsed in blank by the maker and creates a document that is payable to the bearer.
The term given to property that has been abandoned and vacated by a person who had possession of it.
the act of apportioning something.
a term given to the direct and hand to hand delivery of a summons.
the term used when a court hands down the decision.
a term for taking another person’s property unlawfully where the value of the property is not large.
under special circumstances a court has the right to order a person to reveal information.
the term for a full and a complete confession.
the term given to a suit brought against the plaintiff by the defendant who is being sued.
a term that si given to a person who is one of a group who has committed an offense.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?