the meeting between attorney and litigants before a trial starts.
Archive | P RSS feed for this section
a rule that can be used in awarding a plaintiff any damages that are based on a reduced earning capacity resulting from an injury.
the name that is given for a suit that involves paying a penalty for a law violation.
a written and documented claim against a person who has died or against a person who has gone bankrupt.
a plea where the answer states reasons why a suit should be dismissed or dropped.
the name given to an insurance policy that covers a class of property and not a particular item.
the term applied to the chronic headaches that are suffered by some people with a head injury.
a term for evidence of death such as a death certificate that has been filed properly.
this is a term found in artificial insemination where a husband’s semen is pooled with donated semen.
the money that is paid to clerk of the court in accordance to an order of the court.
the phrase that means that the person who has a cheque or instrument for payment is the person to be paid.
the term that describes property belonging to a person or person’s and not to a community.
Latin term for temporary.
This s is the declaration by a court in a criminal case that states the punishment the person convicted needs to undergo.
A privilege given to the prosecuting attorney in deciding whether to prosecute or to plea bargain, recommend parole, etc.
term used for the suffering of repeated humiliation and ridicule that is often grounds for divorce.
term that meant to influence a person to come to a decision or to do something.
the name of a federal doctrine where a plaintiff can rely on federal and no -federal relief grounds.
a settlement of property or money made after a marriage to benefit wife and children.
a person who is born with the internal genitals of one sex and the external genitals of the other sex.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?