the term that is given to the person who is recognised by law to be the rightful owner.
Archive | O RSS feed for this section
a term that is applied to presenting evidence in a law suit and the evidence is placed in the official record.
the name that is given to the oath that is taken in court as compared to one taken outside of a court.
a term that means a thing is apparent, easily seen or understood.
the term that describes perjury or the telling of a lie while under oath.
the term given to the purpose of the law or what a law is supposed to accomplish.
a term that is applied to the situation where a person dies and a person with no right to property takes possession of it before the heirs are able inherit.
a term that is given to the initial statement of the attorney to the judge or the judge to a jury.
the name given to the person who is chosen to carry out certain duties he is qualified to perform.
the term that describes a thing that isn’t there such as a mirage.
the name given to an oath not in court and not related to a judicial matter but when a person swears to anther person that they will do something.
a Latin term for burden of proof.
this is the term that is given to the permission that a person gives in writing to allow an operation to be performed on him.
the term that describes the purpoose of a suit.
the name given to the sworn oath of a public official on assuming office.
a term given to the power a principal grants to an agent.
the term that is applied to a person who has the primary title to the property.
a term that describes a thought that will persist no matter how hard you try to forget about it.
an obligation that contains several parts or objects that are connected.
a term applied to a preverdict judgement based on pleadings as there are no real issues. See summary judgement.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?