Law governing sea or seaport bound actions conducted and commerce transacted. Registration, license, and inspection procedures for ships and shipping contracts, insurance and carriage of goods and passengers are included.
A relatively large market percentage covered by a relatively small group of entities accounts for this extent or degree.
An entity’s plans, policies, and strategies collectively impacted by Cultural, economic, political, social, and technological environments.
various market conditions plotted on a map as this type of study of consumers and products to identify trends and corresponding variables. By examining these related variables, this tool is helping companies locate problem areas and identifying the problem’s source.
A return rate carries a high risk being involved with this set of investments.
A brand, product, or company in a market it dominates, shown by total sales volume as a percentage of overall sales.
In a competitive market, many buyer and many sellers use a bargaining process to arrive at this type of price.
Commonly termed as 4Ps: product, price, place, and promotion as the controllable elements of a product’s marketing plan for this type of planned mix.
1. In Budgeting, this is a line-by-line budget review by a committee formed for the purpose of approval, disapproval, or modification. 2. In Distribution, this is the price increases at different stages, or price points, starting at the producer and ending with the ultimate buyer. 3. In Pricing. to provide for profit in the item’s selling price, this is an item’s cost price plus interest, labor, taxes, utilities, and profit margin.
Principally using the national newspapers, radio, and television for impersonal broadcasting a message through these various channels to the general public, .
Several related subplans incorporated together to make one master plan.
Product production’s monetary investment. Things that incur material costs, for example, are the ingredients of a meal or the parts of a machine. The cost of labor to produce the product is separate from this cost. The total cost of a product and its eventual sale price are arrived at by combining the material cost with the cost of labor.
In a manufacturing operation this is material’s standard cost minus material used actual cost. A company calculates that the materials needed to manufacture one of its products costs $5, as an example. The actual cost during a certain period is $6. The company discovers that The materials quantity variance is $1 times the number of units manufactured.
One that is functioning without change or innovation or has no growth.
With no regard to cost or expense this is choosing the path with the best or highest expected outcome. By contrast, optimization is selecting the most cost-effective alternative. Also refer to satisficing.
Board feet of lumber symbol for one thousand, not 1 million. One MBF equals 2.36 cubic meters or 83.33 cubic feet. Also refer to MCF.
slight price or volume upticks or downticks causing errors in determining the asset’s value. This type of noise is a short-term phenomenon. Also known as observational noise.
Newspapers, radio stations, television stations, and the like used in reaching intended audience as this type of specific medium.
Conducted by a doctor acting as the insured’s agent, a prospective insured receives this type of physical evaluation.
Medicare supplemental insurance coverage cannot duplicate the benefits provided to the insured by Medicare, but often times the insured’s deductibles or copayments will be paid.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?