The Law Dictionary

Your Free Online Legal Dictionary • Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary, 2nd Ed.

Category: M


The proper style of the wife of an esquire or a gentleman in England.


A kind of cloth made in England, mentioned in St. 23 Eliz. c. 9.


The half of anything. Joint tenants are said to hold by moieties. Litt. 125; 3 C. B. 274, 283.


A box in which relics are kept; also a muster of soldiers. Cowell.


Lat. In old pleading. In husband-like manner. Townsh. PL 198.


Tilings movable; movable or personal chattels, which may be annexed to or attendant on the person of the owner, and carried about with him from one part of the world to another.


A state of being many. That quality of a pleading which Involves a variety of matters or particulars; undue variety. 2 Saund. 410. A multiplying or increasing. Story. Eq. PI.


A toll formerly levied in England for repairing or building public walls.


n criminal law. An insurrection of soldiers or seamen against the authority of their commanders; a sedition or revolt in the army or navy. See The Sta- cey Clarke (D. C.) 54

Topic Archives:


This site contains general legal information but does not constitute professional legal advice for your particular situation. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm, and this page does not create an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. If you have specific questions, please consult a qualified attorney licensed in your jurisdiction.