the term used to refer to the importance of a legal consequence.
Archive | M RSS feed for this section
The term given to the goods and cargo that is covered by insurance during a voyage of a ship.
the term that is used to describe the shortest time a person can spend in jail for committing a certain crime.
the title given to a public corporation
See malpractice, medical.
the name given to the court that conducts and investigates trials of offenders who are in the military. These are called court martials.
a term given to s a law that will demand compliance and will leave nothing to discretion.
the name given to the rule that acceptance of an offer is binding to the offeror when the offer is dispatched.
term that is applied to an offense or a crime that is illegal but also shows a person’s baseness and depravity.
the term that describes the facts that reduce the security of a crime and its subsequent punishment.
the term that describes a person’s personal property or belongings or their personal estate.
the term that describes the decision and the rule of more than half of the people who vote and disregards the choice of people who don’t vote.
a term that describes the taking of money that has been entrusted into your care unlawfully.
a term used for the remedy that is available to both parties.
the term that is given to the captain of a ship or the chief commanding officer of a ship.
the term that is made for a demand of money that arises from a contract that a party has agreed on.
The term given to the lien recognized by a court of equity where no legal mortgage exists.
the term that is given to an attorney that is a slang expression.
the term used when a person who has witnessed a felony does not notify the authorities.
the term applied to fear, severe anxiety, the intense fright and the mental distress caused by a physical injury.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?