Lat. A caution, or security, given in Scotch courts for the defendant to abide judgment within the jurisdiction. Stim. Law Gloss. Judicis est in pronuntiando sequi reg- ulam, exceptione non probata. The judge in his decision ought to follow the rule, when the exception is not proved. Judicis est judicare secundum allegata et probata. Dyer, 12. It is the duty of a judge to decide according to facts alleged and proved. Judicis est jus dicere, non dare. It is the province of a judge to declare the law, not to give it. Lofft, Append. 42. Judicis officium est opus diei in die sno perficere. It is the duty of a judge to finish the work of each day within that day. Dyer, 12. Judicis officium est ut res, ita tempora rerum, quasrere. It is the duty of a judge to inquire into the times of things, as well as into things themselves. Co. Litt. 171.
What is JUDICIO SISTI?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?