This term gives the right of self-government that is granted to a body within a states borders.
The instruction given to a jury that urges it to weight all of the evidence to determine its validity.
a law that will impose a more severe punishment for a crime committed several times by the same person.
a tax that is hidden from the person buying an item.
a defect not immediately apparent and turns up later.
the term used when a person has been disgraced, belittled or made to look foolish.
This term applies to a criminal and wrongful homicide.
a rule used in maritime terms when the cargo of a ship is only subject to tax in its home port.
This term applies to a person who is attracted to people of the same sex.
This term means to sell goods on the street and to attract attention of people by calling out.
This term applies to a theft that takes place on a public roadway.
the term applied to a criminal murder.
a mental illness where a person has the irrational desire to kill someone.
the name given to a house for people moving back in to society from a jail or other institution.
the proof of one witness or one document that is not enough to decide a case.
This term applies to case that often have extenuating circumstances where a lenient stance is taken by the court.
the term used when a person hides another person wanted by the law.
the name given to the person who has been left money or property by another person in a will.
the oath that is taken by medical school graduates.
These are some of the questions asked of witnesses in trials that are based on assumed facts or a theory.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?