the name given to a clause in a deed that describes the estate that is to be granted.
Archive | H RSS feed for this section
a common phrase found in wills that means all of the property of the person who has made the will.
This term applies to a corporation that buys a large plot of land and improves it for houses.
The term given to an agreement between management and labor.
This a Latin phrase to do with inheriting an estate as written in a will and testament of the person who has died.
This term applies to the blameless killing of a person, such as in self-defense.
the name given to the federal agency that deals with housing.
a deceitful act where only part of the truth is told where all of the truth will lead to a different conclusion.
the term given to the induced state of a person who is responsive to suggestion.
This applies to the reporting of physicians to the appropriate authorities about drug users and addicts.
This term describes the piece of membrane that covers the entrance to the vagina that is found in virgins. See maidenhead.
the term used to describe a house of prostitution. Also known as a bawdy house, house of ill-repute.
A law that prohibits a person employed in an executive government position from engaging in campaigns to elect candidates for public office.
This term is given to an attorney who is employed exclusively by one corporation or company.
These are the items found in a home that are permanent in nature.
This means to preside over an open court.
document that releases a person from serving in the armed services who conducted himself well.
the term given to the fee charged for rendering a client services.
This term applies to an heir who will inherit an estate resulting from an agreement with the decedent.
This term applies to a person who kills another person while defending himself.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?