This term gives the right of self-government that is granted to a body within a states borders.
Archive | H RSS feed for this section
The instruction given to a jury that urges it to weight all of the evidence to determine its validity.
a law that will impose a more severe punishment for a crime committed several times by the same person.
a tax that is hidden from the person buying an item.
a defect not immediately apparent and turns up later.
the term used when a person has been disgraced, belittled or made to look foolish.
This term applies to a criminal and wrongful homicide.
a rule used in maritime terms when the cargo of a ship is only subject to tax in its home port.
This term applies to a person who is attracted to people of the same sex.
This term means to sell goods on the street and to attract attention of people by calling out.
This term applies to a theft that takes place on a public roadway.
the term applied to a criminal murder.
a mental illness where a person has the irrational desire to kill someone.
the name given to a house for people moving back in to society from a jail or other institution.
the proof of one witness or one document that is not enough to decide a case.
This term applies to case that often have extenuating circumstances where a lenient stance is taken by the court.
the term used when a person hides another person wanted by the law.
the name given to the person who has been left money or property by another person in a will.
the oath that is taken by medical school graduates.
These are some of the questions asked of witnesses in trials that are based on assumed facts or a theory.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?