Barcode of 12 digits assigned to every product sold at a retail store.
Municipal bond backed by raising taxes to repay the debt.
Generation of an overall loss or of negative income.
Credit that is extended on the borrowers promise to pay. There is no collateral kept as security.
Loan where interest as added as soon as the money is given to the borrower.
Difference in current trading price of a security and the level it is likely to rise up to.
Act passed after September 11 2001 giving law enforcement agencies tool to prevent acts of terror.
Visual portion of the computer application that the user uses to interact with software. See interface.
Percept of all units that can be occupied but are not currently occupied.
Generating a positive return on resource investment that can’t be stopped without process impairment.
Activities adding value that are linked and convert input to output and add to the bottom line.
Marginal output of an input times the unit price of output.
Mindless and malicious harm and injury to another’s property.
insurance with fixes premiums, minimum guaranteed death benefit providing return that is based on portfolio performance.
Reporting and recording financial results and comparing them with standard budget quantities.
In contracts for land sales, vendor ‘s lien is equitable until full price of land is paid.
Organizational structure where information passes from top levels of management down through the lower levels and little is passed back up. Also known as top down management.
A non-forfeitable value of retirement benefits.
Sealed auction bid where successful bidder pays second top price. Also known as second bid auction, second price auction.
Term describing use of the internet to replace the physical components of a company with information.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?