the money that is spent in buying and promoting a business.
the public welfare and the common good.
the part of the accusation that sets out the facts that make up the offense the defendant is being tried for.
the official who records all of the proceedings of the court during a trial and then holds these records.
This involves the transfer of title from one person to another with the purchaser assuming the title.
This term is applied to the often violent and inhuman behaviour that an adult shows toward a child.
This term is used to describe a point of law that is based on a previous decision of another court that is presenting the same legal problem.
This term applies to the proprty that is held between a husband and wife and belongs to both of them.
This term is applied when the majority of a particular commodity is bought on the market and is then sold for a higher price.
the term applied to the care and control of minors that are awarded by the court to one parent during a separation or divorce proceedings.
the term given to a sex perversion such as that as seen between an human and an animal or between people that is seen as being deviating from “normal”.
French term for the representative who is sent to another government as a substitute for the ambassador.
This the term that describes a major crime like treason or felony where a severe term of jail may be imposed.
the term that applies to the reversal of a judgement that comes with conditions to be met.
a trust whose assets and income will benefit the general public or a large group of the general public.
the act of legislature that creates a corporation and sets forth its franchise that defines the organisation of a corporation.
This term is given to the obligation that can be enforced through a civil suit or action in a court.
the term that is given to bonds that are able to be converted or turned into stock.
the extended care that is given in a nursing home by skilled nursing facilities.
This term refers to real estate transactions and the deal is closed when the final agreement has been reached and the deed changes hands.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?