This term is like impotence and means the inability to have intercourse.
the net value that is left after all payments of debts and obligations are satisfied.
a slang term used to describe a policeman or police officer.
an authority that has been conferred on 2 or more courts to hear and decide similar cases. Or it the jurisdiction of a government agency and a court with the same jurisdiction. See coordinate jurisdiction.
the process where the property of a private owner is taken over by the public for its use.
This term applies to merchandise that will be paid for at the time that it is delivered.
a written consent that allows surgery to take place.
This certificate is made out by the clerk of a court that states that a document or affidavit conforms to the law.
the limitation that gives an interest in property for a set period of time but the right to posses depends upon a related event.
This applies to acts that due to necessity take place over a long period of time.
A term in medical jurisprudence where an accuser’s mental capacity to understand the charges against him and may have no knowledge of the crime.
This occurs when the next of kin refuses to give consent for medical treatment or intervention.
the civil suit where the owner is seeking to regain the possession of his property that is taken or is being held by another.
the federal intelligence agency whose function is to conduct all intelligence activities and to obtain any information that is essential to the security of the United States.
A non-profit financial corporation that is organized for the purpose of obtaining credit for its members.
The name of a rule that is used when an ejectment suit, one that obtains possession of property, is used to remedy the determination of the title to the property.
The term that is given to a woman who is cohabiting and living with a man who have not been joined by marriage. See common-law husband.
the term given to an agreement that is reached by order of the court.
This term is applied to the officer of the government who will preside over a consulate of his government in a foreign country.
term that is applied to something that is complete or justifiable against other claims and is the opposite of inchoate.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?