This term applies to money that is spent to improve the company’s property such as a building for the company’s use.
Archive | C RSS feed for this section
These are the restrictions on publication and the presentation of books, plays, films etc to the public.
This term is applied to a person who is fit to understand the charges that have been brought against them.
the official written documentation of what happened during a trial or a hearing.
This applies to the type or system of pleading that refers to the statement of an issue brought before a court of law.
where a witnesses testimony has been attacked and labelled as false and the court allows testimony from the person who was given the testimony that it was deemed to have been reliable and a truthful testimony.
the judgement that places a lien on property of a defendant that prevents him from fraudulently disposing of property during a trial.
a trained accountant who has passed a set of rigid tests and has received the degree of CPA.
the same term as contrary to the evidence.
the term used when a witness is examined by the opposing party in the suit before the court.
a certificate that verifies the authenticity of a document that is made by a clerk or officer of the court.
a signed document that instructs the bank or financial institution to pay the sum of money stated to the person or organisation whose name is on the cheque.
a state of mental illness where a person is unable to determine between right and wrong and as a result will commit unlawful acts.
a right that depends on a future event or the performance of an action.
a will made by more that one person where the money or property to be granted is owned by all people making the will.
the action that is taken against a person who disobeys, or acts contemptuously or demeans the court of law.
This is the offense that will be tried in a criminal court and not a civil court.
This term means to be competent; having legal power or to be qualified.
This term applies to a thing that a reasonable and prudent person would not do.
This occurs in some states where attorneys are allowed to form a corporation in order to practice law.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?