This means to be insolent, rude or to act with disdain.
one of the Codes of Bankruptcy that provides for debtors to liquidate their assets to creditors as soon as possible.
the name given to a person who has a committed a serious crime. The word can also mean wicked.
This the term given to the boundary that is seen between 2 counties.
the term that applies to something that has the quality of being confidential, secret or privileged.
These are the funds that belong to the corporation and are distinct from the funds of a person or persons.
the certificate that verifies the abstractor of titles to property that shows the records of titles covered by the search.
the term that is given to a man who is cohabiting and living with a woman who have not been joined by marriage. See common-law wife.
the instruction and admonition from a judge to the jury that cautions them not to discuss the case with anyone while the trial is in progress.
This term applies to a person who has joined with other people in defending a legal action.
This up to the presiding judge who will removal all onlookers and any guests from the courtroom during proceedings.
a claim that is made by a party in a suit that is in opposition to a claim already made.
federal government agency that supports the prices of agricultural products through, purchases, loans and subsidies and helps to sell the products in foreign and domestic markets.
This permits the use of public highways for set purposes.
the name given to the situation where the plaintiff and the defendant both contributed to the injury that is seeking damages.
the term that is given to a wound that is caused by an illegal attack on another person’s body.
the term given to an appeal where both parties will appeal the judgement rendered.
This term is applied to an opinion that is held by the majority of the people in a community. The belief is often true but there are instances when it is not true.
This term applies to something that can be contested or is argumentative.
This term is used when you hinder or elude a person with a legitimate law suit or you mislead or fail to give information he is entitled to receive.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online