the term that applies to money or property that is exempt from duties, and customs taxes.
Archive | C RSS feed for this section
These gains are made from the profits from sales of capital assets that is in excess of costs and values.
the name given to the branch of science that is devoted to studying crime and criminals.
the name given to the court that hears civil cases and is also the term for a civil suit.
the term applied to the support and control of a child that is determined by the court when the parents of the child are divorced or separated.
an unlawful act that is nearly the same as a felony but doesn’t fall into any felony category.
a court where the authority covers several districts or counties where several judges can preside at the same time with each handling a different case.
the term that is given to the prison or a reformatory.
the name given to a crime that is committed under circumstances that involves the compelling emotion of the perpetrator.
the term applied to the court that has the authority to try a case from start to finish.
This occurs when a matter of equity is decided by the court and it uses its conscience to decide the issue.
the name of the court where criminal cases are tried and not civil cases.
the legal right to hold property or to have property applied for the payment of a claim that results from an agreement between 2 or more parties.
a clause that provides for the adjustment of prices for goods and services that according to cost of living changes.
an accounting term where one item is eliminated from an assets list when it is lost or is deemed to be worthless.
Latin term meaning against all of the people.
This term applies to the person who joinsother people in a business enterprise and will share any risks of the venture.
the term that applies to a person being present in court and not just their attorney who is representing them.
This term is given to evidence that is taken from different sources that contradict each other.
a requirement in many communities where all contagious or communicable disease outbreaks are reported to the health board.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?