A storm of great violence or intensity, of which the particularcharacteristic is the high velocity of the wind. There is naturally no exact measure todistinguish between an ordinary storm and a hurricane, but the wind should reach avelocity of at least 50 or GO miles an hour to be called by the latter name, or, asexpressed in some of the cases, it should be sufficient to “throw down buildings.” Ahurricane is properly a circular storm in the nature of a cyclone. See Pel ican Ins. Co. v.Troy Co-op. Ass’n, 77 Tex. 225, 13 S. W. 9S0; Queen Ins. Co. v. Hudnut Co., 8 Ind.App. 22, 35 N. E. 397; Tyson v. Union Mut. Fire & Storm Co., 2 Montg. Co. Law Bep’r (Pa.) 17.
What is HURRICANE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?