In French law. The depositum of the Roman and the deposit of the Englishlaw. It is of two kinds, being either (1) d(p6t simply so called, and which may be eithervoluntary or necessary, and (2) sequcstre, which is a deposit made either under anagreement of the parties, and to abide the event of pending litigation regarding it, or byvirtue of the direction of the court or a judge, pending litigation regarding it. Brown ;Civ. Code La. 2S97.In American law. (1) A railroad freight or passenger station; a place on the line of arailroad where passengers may enter and leave the trains and where freight is depositedfor delivery; but more properly, only a place where the carrier is accustomed to receivemerchandise, deposit it, and keep it ready for transportation or delivery. Maglieev. Transportation Co., 45 N. Y. 520. 6 Am. Bep. 124; Hill v. Railroad Co. (Tex. Civ. App.)75 S. W. 876; Karnes v. Drake, 103 Ky. 134, 44 S. W. 444; Railroad Co. v. Smith, 71Ark. 189, 71 S. W. 947; State v. New- Haven & N. Co., 37 Conn. 163. (2) A place wheremilitary stores or supplies are kept or troops assembled. U. S. v. Caldwell, 19 Wall.2(58, 22 L. Ed. 114.
What is DEPOT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?