A private, disinterested person, chosen by the parties to a disputed question, for the purpose of hearing their contention, and giving judgment between them; to whose decision (award) the litigants submit themselves either voluntarily, or, in some cases, coinpulsorily, by order of a court. Gordon v. U. S., 7 Wall. 195, 19 L. Ed. 35; Mobile v. Wood (C. C.) 95 Fed. 538; Burchell v. Marsh, 17 IIow. 349, 15 L. Ed. 90; Miller v. Canal Co., 53 Barb. (N. Y.) 595; Fudickar v. Insurance Co., 02 N. Y. 399. “Referee” is of frequent modern use as a synonym of arbitrator, but is in its origin of broader signification and less accurate than arbitrator.
What is ARBITRATOR?
- Nonprofit Corporate Law
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Criminal Procedure
- Professional Responsibility
- Secured Transactions
- First Amendment
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Protecting Your Financial Future: The Complete Guide to Insurance
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?