A reckless or malicious and intentional disregard of the property, rights, or safety of others, implying, actively, a licentious or contemptuous willingness to injure and disregard of the consequences to others, and, passively, more than mere negligence, that is, a conscious and Intentional disregard of duty. See Brasington v. South Bound R. Co., 02 S. C. 325, 40 S. E. 005, 89 Am. St. Rep. 905; Louisville & N. R. Co. v. Webb, 97 Ala. 30S, 12 South. 374; Branch v. State, 41 Tex. 625; Harward v. Davenport, 105 Iowa, 592, 75 N. W. 4S7; Trauerman v. Lippincott, 39 Mo. App. 4S8; Everett v. Richmond & D. R. Co., 121 N. C. 519. 27 S. E. 991; Birmingham Ry. & El. Co. v. Pincltard, 124 Ala. 372, 26 South. 8S0. Reckless sport; willfully unrestrained action, running immoderately into excess. Cobb v. Bennett, 75 Pa. 330, 15 Am. Rep. 752. A licentious act by one man towards the person of another, without regard to his rights; as, for example, if a man should attempt to pull off another’s hat against his will, in order to expose him to ridicule, the offense would be an assault, and If he touched him It would amount to a battery. Bouvier. BL.LAW DICT.(2D ED.)
What is WANTONNESS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?