In conveyancing, one who holds a title under a voluntary conveyance, i. e., one made without consideration, good or valuable, to support it. A person who gives his services without any express or implied promise of remuneration in return is called a “volunteer,” and is entitled to no remuneration for his services, nor to any compensation for injuries sustained by him in performing what he has un- dertaken Sweet. Also one who officiously pays the debt of another. See Irvine v. Angus. 93 Fed. 633, 35 C. C. A. 501; Arnold v. Green, 116 N. Y. 566. 23 N. E. 1; Bennett v. Chandler, 199 111. 97. 64 N. E. 1052; Welch v. Maine Cent. R. Co., 86 Me. 552, 30 Atl. 116, 25 L. R. A. 65S. In military law, the term designates one who l’reely and voluntarily offers himself for service in the army or navy; as distinguished from one who is compelled to serve by draft or conscription, and also from one entered by enlistment in the standing army.
What is VOLUNTEER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?