Lat Properly, volition, purpose, or intention, or a design or the feeling or impulse which prompts the commission of an act; but in old English law the term was often used to denote a will, that Is, the last will and testament of a decedent more properly called testamentum. Voluntas donatoris in charta doni sui manifeste expressa observetur. Co. Litt. 21. The will of the donor manifestly expressed in his deed of gift is to be observed. Voluntas est jnsta sententia de eo quod quis post mortem suam fieri velit. A will Is an exact opinion or determination concerning that which each one wishes to be done after his death. Voluntas et propositum distinguunt maleficia. The will and the proposed end distinguish crimes. Bract, fols. 2b, 136b. Voluntas facit quod in testamento scriptum valeat. Dig. 30, 1, 12, 3. It is intention which gives effect to the wording of a will. Voluntas in delictis, non exitus spec* tatur. 2 Inst 57. In crimes, the will, and not the consequence, is looked to. Voluntas repntatur pro facto. The intention is to be taken for the deed. 3 lust 69 ; Broom, Max. 311. Voluntas testatoris est ambulatoria usque ad extremum vitae exitum. 4 Coke, 61. The will of a testator is ambulatory until the latest moment of life. Voluntas testatoris babet interpreta- tionem latam et benignam. Jenk. Cent. 260. The intention of a testator has a broad and benignant interpretation. Voluntas ultima testatoris est perim- plenda secundum veram intentionem suam. Co. Litt. 322. The last will of the les.ator is to be fulfilled according to his true intention.
What is VOLUNTAS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?