A combination or association of men employed in the same trade, (usually a manual or mechanical trade,) united for the purpose of regulating the customs and standards of their trade, fixing prices or hours of labor, Influencing the relations of employer and employed, enlarging or maintaining their rights and privileges, and other similar objects. -Trade-union act. The statute 34 & 35 Vict. c. 31, passed in 1871, for the purpose of giving legal recognition to trade unions, is known as the “trade-union act,” or “trade- union funds protection act.” It provides that the members of a trade union shall not be prosecuted for conspiracy merely by reason that the rules of such union are iu restraint of trade; and tliat the agreements of trade unions shall not on that account be void or voidable. Provisions are also made with reference to the registration and registered offices of trade unions. and other purposes connected therewith. Mozley & Whitley.
What is TRADE UNION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?