is a custom regulating the manner in which tin is obtained from waste-land, or land which has formerly been waste-land, within certain districts in Corn- wall and Devon. The custom is described in the leading case on the subject as follows: “Any person may enter on the waste-land of another, and may mark out by four corner boundaries a certain area. A written description of the plot of land so marked out with metes and bounds, and the name of the person, is recorded in the local stannaries court, and is proclaimed on three successive court-days. If no objection Is sustained by any other person, the court awards a writ to the bailiff to deliver possession of the said ‘bounds of tin-work’ to the ‘bounder,’ who thereupon has the exclusive right to search for, dig, aud take for his own use all tin and tin-ore within the inclosed limits, paying as a royalty to the owner of the waste a certain proportion of the produce under the name of ‘toll-tin.’ ” 10 Q. B. 26, cited in Elton Commons, 113. The right of tiubounding is not a right of common, but is an interest in land, and, in Devonshire, a corporeal heredita- ment In Cornwall tin bounds are personal estate. Sweet.
What is TINBOUNDING?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?