A phrase used as the name of a writ of error from inferior courts, when the error is supposed to be as well in giving the judgment as in awarding execution upon It. (Tarn in redditione judicii, quam in ad- judicatione executionis.) A venire tarn quam was one by which a jury was summoned, as well to try an issue as to inquire of the damages on a default. 2 Tidd, Pr. 722, 895.
What is TAM QUAM?
- UNICA TAXATIO
- DECIPI QUAM FALLERE EST TUTINS
- NON SOLVENDO PECUNIAM AD QUAM CLERICUS MULCTATUR PRO NON- RESIDENTIA
- BENIGNE FACIENDAE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES, PROPTER SIMPLICITATEM LAICORUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT
- BIS IDEM EXIGI BONA FIDES NON PATITURI ET IN SATISFACTIONIBUS NON PERMITTITNR AMPLINS FIERI QUAM SEMEL FACTUM EST
- BENIGNE FACIENDSE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES CHARTARUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT; ET QUAE LIBET CONCESSIO FORTISSIMO CONTRA DONATOREM INTERPRETANDA EST
- WRIT OF INQUIRY
- CAPIAS AD SATISFACIENDUM
- TREBLE DAMAGES
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?