The act of writing oue’s name under a written instrument; the affixing one’s signature to any document, whether for the puriiose of authenticating or attesting it, of adopting its terms as one’s own expressions, or of binding one’s self by an engagement which it contains. Subscription is the act of the hand, while attestation is tlie act of the senses. To sub- scribe a paper published as a will is only to write on the same paper the name of the witness ; to attest a will is to know that it was published as such, and to certify the facts re-‘ quired to constitute an actual and legal publication. In re Downie’s Will, 42 Wis. 06, 76. i A written contract by which one engages to contribute a sum of money for a desig- nated purpose, either gratuitously, as in the case of subscribing to a charity, or in consideration of an equivalent to be rendered, as a subscription to a periodical, a forthcoming book, a series of entertainments, or the like.
What is SUBSCBIPTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?