By this term is intended third persons generally. Thus the persons bound by a fiue are parties, privies, and strangers; tlie parties are either the cogni- zors or cognizees; the privies are such as are in any way related to those who levy the fine, and claim under them by any right of blood, or other right of representation; tlie stran- gers are all other persons in the world, except only the parties and privies. In its general legal signification the term is opposed to the word “privy.” Those who are in no way parties to a covenant, nor bound by it, are also said to be strangers to the covenant- Blown. See Bobbins v. Chicago, 4 Wall. 072, 18 L. Ed. 427; O’lXmuell v. Mclntyre, 118 X. Y. 150, 23 N. E. 455; Bennett v. Chandler, 199 ill. 97, 04 X. E. 1052; Kirk v. Morris, 40 Ala. 228; U. S. v. Uenderloug (C. C.) 102 Fed. 2.
What is STRANGERS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?