If the plaintiff in a plalut in the mayor’s court of London has attached property belonging to the defendant and obtained execution against the garnishee, the defendant, if he wishes to contest the plaintiff’s claim, and obtain restoration of his property, must issue a scire facias ad dis- probandum debitum; if tlie only question to be tried is the plaintiff’s debt, the plaintiff in appearing to the scire facias prays stct billa “that his bill original.” i. e., his original plaint, “may stand, and that the defendant may plead thereto.” The action then proceeds in the usual way as if the proceedings in attachment (which are founded on a fictitious default of the defendant in appearing to the plaint) had not taken place. Brand, F. Attaehin. 115; Sweet. STET PROCESSUS. Stet processus is an entry on the roll in the nature of a judg STEVEDORE 1110
What is STET BILL A?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?