Lat. In pleading. Likewise ; the like. The name of the short formula used either at the end of pleadings or by Itself, expressive of the acceptance of an issue of fact tendered by the opposite party; otherwise termed a “joinder in issue.” Steph. PI. 57, 237. See Solomons v. Chesley, 57 N. H. 163. Similitndo legalis est casunm diver- sorum inter se collatornm similis ratio; qnod in uno similium valet, valebit in altero. Dissimilinm, dissimilis est ratio. Legal similarity is a similar reason which governs various cases when compared with each other; for what avails in one similar case will avail in the other. Of things dis- similar, the reason is dissimilar. Co. Litt 191. Simonia est voluntas sive desiderium emendi vel vendendi spiritualia vel spir- ltualibus adhacrentia. Contractus ex turpi causa et contra bonos mores. Hob. 167. Simony is the will or desire of buying or selling spiritualities, or things pertaining thereto. It is a contract founded on a bad cause, and against morality.
What is SIMILITER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?