Nin the custody of the court, until he purges himself of a contempt. In English ecclesiastical practice. To gather aud take care of the fruits and profits of a vacaut benefice, for the benefit of the Onext incumbent. In international law. To confiscate ; to appropriate private property to public use; to seize the property of the private citizens of a hostile power, as when a belligerent na- Ption sequesters debts due from Its own subjects to the enemy. See 1 Kent, Comm. G2.
What is SERGEANT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?