Lat. Always ready. The name of a plea by which the defendant alleges that he .has always been ready to perform what is demanded of him. 3 Bl. Comm. 303. Semper prsesumitur pro legitimatione puerorum. The presumption always is in favor of the legitimacy of children. 5 Coke, 986; Co. Litt 126a. Semper prsesumitur pro matrimonio. The presumption is always in favor of the validity of a marriage. Semper prsesumitur pro negante. The presumption is always in favor of the one who denies. See 10 Clark & F. 534; 3 El. & Bl. 723. Semper prsesumitur pro sententia. The presumption always is in favor of a sentence. 3 Bulst. 42; Branch, Princ. Semper qui non prohibet pro se in- tervenire, mandare creditnr. He who does not prohibit the intervention of another in his behalf is supposed to authorize it. 2 Kent, Comm. 616; Dig. 14, 6, 16; Id. 46, 3, 12, 4. Semper sezus masculinus etiam femi- ninum sexum continet. The masculine sex always includes the feminine. Dig. 32, 62. Semper specialia generalibus insnnt. Specials are always included in generals. Dig. 50, 17, 147.
What is SEMPER PARATUS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?