This is the strict technical expression used to describe the ownership in “an estate in fee-simple in possession in a corporeal hereditament.” The word “seised” is used to express the “seisin” or owner’s possession of a freehold property: the phrase “in de mesne,” or “in his demesne,” (in dominico suo) signifies that he is seised as owner of the land itself, add not merely of the seigniory or services; and the concluding words, “as of fee,” import that he is seised of an estate of inheritance In fee-simple. Where SEISI 101 the subject is incorporeal, or the estate expectant on a precedent freehold, the words “in his demesne” are omitted. (Co. Litt. 17a; Fleta, 1. 5, c. 5,
What is SEISED IN DEMESNE AS OF FEE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?